Monday, September 30, 2013

In the Studio with Slumpy's Artist

Some studio tips, products and ideas that I LOVE in the Slumpy's studio:
  • Organize your glass tools! Yes, it's so much easier to reach over and grab a glass cutter than to reach into a bucket of mismatched tools. An organized space creates a peaceful and calm atmosphere!
  • A few of my favorite things... 
    • Tarheel Tools Colored Pistol Grip Cutter: First and foremost, the colors of these glass cutters are amazing! Secondly, the pistol grip is so comfortable and gives you the best angle on cutting glass. Isn't the pink color gorgeous?! 
    • Fluppi Table Brush: I fell in love with this little tool from day one! After playing in the studio, this guy sweeps up the little pieces of glass instantly. I cannot explain to you how much I love this tool. Tip: Keep your studio clean and tidy day after day giving you a clean workspace every time you start a project. Set aside time each month to deep clean your studio too. 
    • Diamond Sanding Pad Kit: Yep, this sanding pad kit is a go-to when I just need to smooth a glass edge on a small scale. This kit is a must-have in your studio!
  • I highly recommend keeping an idea book in your studio! Through-out each day I allow myself about 30 minutes to browse the internet for new designs whether it be browsing through Pinterest, clipart, or fashion trends. This approach keeps my mind creative and I often print several pages to add to my idea book. 
  • Don't be afraid to try new techniques! You will learn so much every time you try something new-- in life and in the studio! ;) I've had some major "oops" in the studio and thankfully haven't caused any major damages BUT I keep learning and moving forward! 
What are your favorite studio tips? Do you have an awesome studio organization idea? 


"We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment